[Courier-imap] Error in IMAP command received by server
Niklas Lampén
2004-05-31 07:12:06 UTC
Hello,

I'm getting errors like shown below. These errors shows to clients as
difficulties to connect to imap-server. Outlook "blings" (makes bling
sounds) and some times shows errors like "Can't open folder. Your root
folder is invalid" (something like that). This started to occur after
upgrading to more recent version and setting up postfix + courier-imap
to handle virtual domains with mysql. Funny thing is, that after a
couple of tries it allways works, so everyone is getting their mail.

If anyone knows what should I change (changing mail client is not an
option ;)) or fix, any help would be very valuable.

<clip from log>

READ: ATOM: 00R0
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R0 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

READ: ATOM: 00R1
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R1 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

READ: ATOM: 00R3
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R3 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

READ: ATOM: 00R5
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R5 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

READ: ATOM: 00R8
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R8 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

WRITE: 00R7 OK LOGIN Ok.^M

READ: ATOM: 00RA
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00RA NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M

</clip from log>

Thanks,

Niklas Lampén

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Internet Mail.
Niklas Lampén
2004-05-31 10:45:19 UTC
Replying to myself.

It seems that errors below are caused by incorrect imap handling by
Outlook. With Thunderbird everything works like a dream. Case closed.
Outlook closed.

Niklas

Brian Candler
2004-05-31 19:44:58 UTC
Post by Niklas Lampén
I'm getting errors like shown below. These errors shows to clients as
difficulties to connect to imap-server. Outlook "blings" (makes bling
sounds) and some times shows errors like "Can't open folder. Your root
folder is invalid" (something like that). This started to occur after
upgrading to more recent version and setting up postfix + courier-imap
to handle virtual domains with mysql. Funny thing is, that after a
couple of tries it allways works, so everyone is getting their mail.
If anyone knows what should I change (changing mail client is not an
option ;)) or fix, any help would be very valuable.
Possibly you are exceeding the MAXPERIP limit (defaults to 4), if the client
decides to open multiple IMAP connections concurrently, as many bad ones do.
Post by Niklas Lampén
READ: ATOM: 00R0
READ: ATOM: IDLE
READ: EOL
WRITE: 00R0 NO Error in IMAP command received by server.^M
Errm, what version of courier-imap are you running? My guess is that it's a
prehistoric one. Try 3.0.4.

Brian.